- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 medium green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cans (14 1/2-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14- to 14 1/2-ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen peas
- 1 cup salad olives or coarsely chopped pimiento
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high until hot.
- Sprinkle chicken all over with salt and black pepper; cook, in 2 batches, about 6 minutes per batch, until lightly browned on both sides. With tongs, transfer chicken pieces to small roasting pan (13- by 9-inch)
- Cover roasting pan with foil and bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- In same Dutch oven, cook green peppers, garlic, and onion about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in paprika and cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, broth, water, and rice; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and olives.
- Grease a 2- to 2 1/2-quart baking dishes.
- Spoon the rice mixture into each prepared baking dish. Carefully tuck thighs into hot rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice to serve.
Adapted from Cooking Channel